The Canadian Journal of Local Government welcomes submissions from academics, researchers and local government practitioners. Articles may cover a range of topics, such as:
- local government management and leadership,
- municipal policy,
- intergovernmental relations,
- environmental sustainability,
- local public finance,
- affordable housing,
- public transit,
- elections and election administration,
- public safety and emergency preparedness,
- other relevant local government topics.
Manuscripts should be between 4,000 and 7,000 words and will be subject to rigorous peer-review. While the focus of the journal is local government in Canada, submissions that examine local government outside Canada or in a comparative context will also be considered.